Spay and Neuter
We are partnering with Petfix Northeast Ohio (Euclid) to make low-cost spay/neuter services for dogs and cats accessible to pet parents in Ashtabula County (and close vicinity).
We provide FREE transportation to/from the clinic. If you wish to drive your pet yourself, please contact PetFix directly to make an appointment: 216-732-7040.
The spay neuter services are available to all pet parents - you do not need to be low-income to register your dog or cat. FEE INFORMATION.
For pet parents qualifying as low-income/public assistance (proof needed) the fee for a dog or cat (male or female) is $26 - which includes the surgery + rabies vaccination. See qualification details below.
Willowick Food Pantry , (440)520-4881 , has a free S/N program for those who qualify. You can still schedule transportation with us.
PAYMENT IS DUE IN CASH IN THE MORNING OF YOUR APPOINTMENT.
PUBLIC ASSISTANCE QUALIFICATIONS
One or more of the following:
- Section 8 housing voucher
- Schedule letter from Ohio Works First
- Ohio Medicaid card
- Letter from Veteran Benefits Administration acknowledging service-related disability
- Ohio Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) Card, also called the Direction Card, for supplemental nutrition assistance program, SNAP (previously referred to as “food stamps”)
- WIC card (Women Infants and Children nutrition program)
- Benefit letter documenting Supplemental Security Income
- Benefit letter documenting assistance from Social Security Disability
- Tax return showing owner’s family income does not exceed 150% of the federal poverty guideline - see below.
Poverty Guidelines 2018-2019
For owned dogs/cats, the cutoff for eligibility is the 150% column of annual family income
Poverty Guideline 100% 150%
Family of one $12.240 $18,210
Family of two $16,460 $24,690
Family of three $20,780 $31,170
Family of four $25,100 $37,650
Family of five $29,420 $44,130
Family of six $33,740 $50,610
Family of seven $38,060 $57,090
Family of eight $42,380 $70,050